Type 2

Diabetes mellitus type 2 is a long term metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and relative lack of insulin.

Types of Diabetes

Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Symptoms may also include increased hunger, feeling tired, and sores that do not heal.Often symptoms come on slowly.

Type 2 diabetes is primarily due to obesity and not enough exercise in people who are genetically predisposed.

Type 2 diabetes is partly preventable by staying a normal weight, exercising regularly, and eating properly. Treatment involves exercise and dietary changes.

It makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes, with the other 10% due primarily to diabetes mellitus type 1 and gestational diabetes.

diabetes-type-1-and-2-differences

 

Advertisements